Re: Vsita 15P programming question

>> My point is you're not
>> supervising too much in this case.
>>
>    I agree. I put the resistors in the can. I think the chances of a
> shorted cable are remote to nonexistent. More likely failure will be a
> switch that doesn't open or doesn't close. Component failure far exceeds
> wiring failure in most electronic systems.

You're correct about component failure vs. wiring failure.  Wires rarely
fail once they're correctly run.  However, rarely is not the same as never.
It's up to you to decide how much protection is appropriate to your project.
I don't fault you for the choice you made.  I've only tried to explain what
the options are and how they function.

The situation is analogous to the question of wiring all accessible windows.
Some say you have to.  Some say it doesn't matter.  I say that wiring the
windows affords more protection but costs more time and a few dollars extra.
Only you can decide whether your home needs the extra protection.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics