Re: Vsita 15P programming question

> Tell me what you're going to detect with an
> EOLR at the correct position in a loop with
> 15 windows/door switches and one of those
> windows (somewhere is opened)...

The EOLR is not intended to detect an open window or door.  It is intended
to detect a short on the loop.  That is the purpose.  Whether you decide to
use it or not is your decision.  Most techs either don't use them on burg
loops at all or place them in the panel where they serve no useful purpose.
For the sake of clarity, I'm not saying that you ought to use them or that
you shouldn't.  I'm only saying what they are supposed to do and that most
folks don't do it.  There's no judgment involved.  It's the decision of the
technician or DIYer whether to use them.

> what are you supervising?...the return leg thats all.

The purpose is to supervise the integrity of the circuit, not the sensors
themselves.  I leave the choice of whether to use them to the discretion of
the person doing the job.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass