Re: Vsita 15P programming question

> All electrical and electronic manufacturers designate
> "normally open" as the device state when the relay,
> switch, etc is in its resting state with no signal applied.

Well, sort of.  Years ago it varied somewhat from one manufacturer to the
next.

> Therefore, if no magnet is applied to a reed switch, the contacts are not
> closed and the switch is "normally open".

Yep.

> However, my Ademco manual talks about normally open
> circuits vs. normally closed circuits. Is "normal" in alarm
> language considered to be with all windows and doors
> closed with no alarm condition?

Yes, panel circuits (aka "zones") are described as "normal" when the sensors
are in a non-violated state.  In the case of a door contact that means when
the magnet is lined up with the sensor (i.e., the door is closed).  In the
case of a motion detector it means the detector has power running to it and
the sensor is not presently sensing motion -- that is, the circuit is
closed.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass