Re: Vsita 15P programming question

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uoedna2iYcy7k6HeRVn-iA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> My point is you're not
>>> supervising too much in this case.
>>>
>>    I agree. I put the resistors in the can. I think the chances of a
>> shorted cable are remote to nonexistent. More likely failure will be a
>> switch that doesn't open or doesn't close. Component failure far exceeds
>> wiring failure in most electronic systems.
>
> You're correct about component failure vs. wiring failure.  Wires rarely
> fail once they're correctly run.  However, rarely is not the same as
> never. It's up to you to decide how much protection is appropriate to your
> project. I don't fault you for the choice you made.  I've only tried to
> explain what the options are and how they function.
>
> The situation is analogous to the question of wiring all accessible
> windows. Some say you have to.  Some say it doesn't matter.  I say that
> wiring the windows affords more protection but costs more time and a few
> dollars extra. Only you can decide whether your home needs the extra
> protection.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

An alarm system is only a part of overall security. I replaced the wooden
doors that had 6 windows and put up metal doors with no windows, put in
heavy duty dead bolt locks, trimmed away shrubs and trees, had the power
company put security lighting on the utility pole and put in floodlights.
Yes, a person could try to cover every little thing, cross the T's and dot
the I's. I could hire armed guards, put up an 8 foot high chain link fence
topped with razor wire and get rabid junk yard dogs, but everything must be
put in perspective. Risk vs cost. Work vs protection. You can't keep a
determined thief out. That's why I keep ol' Betsy under the bed, loaded and
ready to go. And don't worry about my wife, she's a better shot than I am.

Bob