Re: 5540 Silent Knight Software Question

Bill,

I can't seem to decipher what you're trying to accomplish.

It seems as though you haven't determined if the panel is sending 4x2,
CID or SIA.

If you want to find the account number of the panel, please record an
alarm session to a laptop as a wav file. After 5 seconds of listening to
it I could determine if it's 4x2, CID or SIA, and in 10 minutes I could
give you the account number and alarm if 4x2 or CID, SIA will take
longer, more equipment needed.

If you're trying to download/upload to/from the panel and don't have the
account number, good luck, then see the last paragraph and continue.

If you could explain precisely from the beginning what your problem is
and not your various thoughts on cobbling something together and what it
could do for you, we may be able solve this for you.

After many years of trouble shooting technical problems, I've found it
best not to listen to someone else's analysis of the problem but to
listen to their description of what's happening. I won't even trust my
best college's analysis of the situation, even though I know he's
younger and brighter than I, sometimes one person can look at a problem
for hours, and another can walk in and see the fault in 5 seconds.

So Bill, give use the description of your problem, what you want to
accomplish, and sit back and watch all of us nail this for ya.