Re: 5540 Silent Knight Software Question

I think he's trying to hack into a panel with programming software so he can
pull out the account number so that he can reprogram it...I doubt he will
get it to work...at least that's my take on it.

I don't think he's gonna be able to trap the panel to extract the passcode
or lockcode or account number I believe it's gonna just hangup on the
software.

"mikey" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Get what to work? You mean you guys understand what the heck he's trying
| do. I'm lost.

| > I doubt you will get it to work.
| >
| > You may want to try a dial tone simulator between the panel and the
| > software.
| >

| > "Bill" <simard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | Yes, I am trying to do an upload, but I need to know the account
number
| > | request an upload.
| > | I don't have the account number.  The software will accept calls from
| any
| > | panel and log the alarm.
| > | If I can get it to connect then it would log the account number as
well
| as
| > | the alarm and the
| > | software would tell the panel to call back in 15 minutes.
| > | I could then select that account from the list and tell the software,
| the
| > | next time this account calls upload the panels eeprom
| > | to the computer.  I know this would work if the panel was calling over
| > | standard phone line, but since I can't get into the
| > | programming mode, I can't change the number it calls.  It was
| recommended
| > | that I let the panel call out, then unplug the phone line and use a
| > regular
| > | phone to dial the number I want , then plug the alarms phone jack back
| in
| > | when it starts ringing.  I'm not sure if that would work either.
| > | Any thoughts?
| > |
| > | Bill
| > | simard@xxxxxxxxxxxx