Re: pro's... never yours

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:tq3ph1l21bf2i3kg5fbaukapnegfq2crh2@xxxxxxxxxx
>>> Many DIYers do the job themselves because they enjoy the
>>> challenge.  Others do it because the alarm companies that bid the
>>> job either didn't offer adequate protection or they wanted too
>>> much money for the job.  Still others have already had the
>>> misfortune to hire people like you to install a system and have
>>> since decided to do their own work.
>>>
>> When you choice to have a pro-installer/monitoring of the
>> alarm system YOU pay for..  It will never be fully yours.
>
> That depends on which pro does the job.  If it's Bob Campbell you
> will own the system.  If it's Jiminex you will own it but he
> won't let you control it.

Both "Bob C." and Jim (along with every other professional installer that
posts here) restricts access to installer level programming.  Bob uses
Paradox.  Jim likes Napco.  Jim has a whole lot of experience installing
systems in yachts.  As soon as I get a rain cover for my dinghy, I'm gonna
give him a call!

> If it's Olson there won't be a system
> since he doesn't install anything.

Wrong.  You'd have to pick up your system from the counter.  And I never
forget to ask:  "Do you want an apple pie with that"?

> If you buy it from Milford,
> you don't really want it anyway.

Why??  In all the years I've been reading this Newsgroup, I've never seen a
single complaint posted about Tom...  Except of course from you.

> If you get it from me you own
> it but you also get to install it.

You forgot to mention that if a person buys from you, they'd have to get
technical support in this group as you don't answer your phone or emails.
They'd also find sending anything back for credit extremely difficult let
alone having a shipping error corrected.  Ysk!!!