Re: Compass Software

Frank, I've stated my position, and why I'm here, and frankly that's the end
of it. I have no wish to argue semantics with you vis a vis who did what to
whom. I can't control anyone on this newsgroup any more than you or Jim,
although I think your approach to dealing with what you see as RLB's sins
makes far more sense than Jim's. Personally, I can't remember a single
instance when I have either attacked OR defended RLB on anything. However,
if I happen to agree or disagree with him on technical points, I say so, as
does he, if he disagrees with me. You get what you give in life, and that
goes for a virtual newsgroup as well. It's not a personal thing; it's just a
newsgroup.

As for our industry and some of the shady things that go on, I think perhaps
you might have slightly rose coloured glasses on, or things are much better
out West than they are around here. If you guys would spend less time
obsessed with RLB, and focus on some of the real problems we all face in the
industry, things would run smoother (and the posts would be more useful to
readers). And believe me, foul language doesn't bother me in the least, but
there are many readers who do take offence to it. Nor does it add anything
to the newsgroup.

As for where RLB is now, I don't know any more than you do. I won't bother
to send him an e mail because he never answers them. You have better luck
getting hold of him from within the newsgroup than you do by e mail.

RHC

"Frank Olson" <Please-use-the-email-links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:Eyz5f.242640$tl2.62031@xxxxxxxxxxx