Re: Compass Software

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:SbOdneyfvP6wbMneRVn-iw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> No, I don't say RLB's an OK guy, nor do I say he is the monster you say he
> is. I simply don't know; I have never met the man. I judge people on the
> newsgroup by what they say and how they act in relation to answering
> questions etc on security matters. That's all any of us are here for.

Really??  Man, Rob...  You need to clean your glasses.  Or take off those
rose coloured ones you're wearing.

> I see him answering people's questions in a straightforward way, although
> like all of us, he is not always correct.

There are several "problems" with respect to the way he answers questions.
Which Newsgroup have you been reading??

> He gets offensive when attached in the most vicious ways by you and
> others.

I haven't "attached" him for months.  He's been as "vicious" as always.  I
suppose pointing this out isn't something you're interested in, though.

> His motives for being on the newsgroup are to help others and to sell his
> wares to DIY'ers, but at least he answers DIY questions without making
> them feel stupid or belittling them for their lack of knowledge.

No.  He doesn't belittle them.  He only belittles the trade, installers, the
"IB", and the "big box" companies...  Oh...  I forgot...  You do the last
part too...  :-))

> You on the other hand,often fill the newsgroup with hateful, ignorant crap
> that does nothing to assist anyone here. So when it comes right down to
> it, who's more of a problem here...

When has Jim failed to answer a DIYer's question??  Where has he ever
belittled one??  Seems to me his "focus" has been responding to RLB's
numerous "protestations of innocence" and more than a few "jabs" at the
trade.  There are many professionals that post here.  I quite frankly don't
see any other online store working the group like RLB does.  I think he
takes a perverse pleasure in pushing our buttons.  "How high can I get the
IB to jump??"  Sound familiar??  Ever notice how peaceful it gets around
here without him??  Ever notice what starts off the "kicks and giggles"??
Is it Jim??  Me??  Mike??  Graham??  If he does come back, sit back and
watch how long it takes for him to use Jim's (or mine) name in one of his
"buy me" buttons on his website, or to use one of his rather numerous and
colourful turns of phrase designed to "put down" the trade...