Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

Thanks.

I don't cut people off willy-nilly, but I figure if I'm here to answer their
silly phone questions at 3am on New Year's Eve the freekin least they can do
is pay me on time...I mean suppose I made them wait for 90 days if they
needed service! Hey maybe that's the answer!...your service response is
directly proportional to your payment history! yeah that's the ticket!

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Yup ! It's always the same guys time over time, and I figured some time
ago,
| they simply weren't worth the aggravation. And they were always small,
| corner pizza parlours or some such thing iffy enterprise. So a year ago, I
| finally had enough, and I sent them all a registered letter telling them I
| was terminating their service in one month, and to find another dealer.
| Surprisingly, only one of them called to complain; they KNEW why I was
doing
| it, and figured if I was fool enough to put up with their poor pay habits,
| then they'd continue along until I got fed up. I did it and sleep a lot
| better (plus it was 15 less customers I had to actively bill each half
| year). Since then, I've refined my business plan to not take on any kind
of
| business venture unless I have the guys home system prior to him starting
| the business.
|
| When I went back sometime later to the guys I'd disconnected, almost all
of
| them had signed up with a disreputable dealer here in town we all call
| "Jimmy the sleaze". I had to laugh...these guys really deserve each
| other...:)))
|
| Unfortunately, the kind of people who run marginal operations are also the
| kind of people who don't deal with others straight up and honest. I feel
| like you do; if they explain the nature of the problem, I've carried
people
| who lose their jobs for periods as long as a year. Unfortunately again, a
| lot of them end up losing their homes and have to sell, so I'm out that
| period of lost revenue. But really, so what !
|
| Crash, I like your style !!
|
| RHC

| >I usuallly don't...they get warned and then shut off at the end of the
2nd
| > deliquent quarter. What irks me the most is that if they would only call
| > and
| > let me know what's up I'd work with them, it's when I'm ignored I feel
| > dissed and get really pissed. I only have 3 scheduled for nastiness on
the
| > 30th...not too bad. It's usually the same few accounts too.
| >

| > "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | Ouch ! Not a good idea to let them get so far behind if you can avoid
it
| > | obviously. I've moved totally away from standard billing to automatic
| > | billing (void cheque out of their bank account). Some won't buy it,
but
| > most
| > | don't mind as long as they know I control it, and it sure cuts down on
| > | defaulting payments.....
| > |
| > | Only downside is that I sometimes have to refund them a month's
advance
| > | billing if they discontinue service....move away etc...no big deal !
| > |
| > | RHC
| > |
| > | "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message