Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

Crash Gordon said:

>I don't cut people off willy-nilly, but I figure if I'm here to answer their
>silly phone questions at 3am on New Year's Eve the freekin least they can do
>is pay me on time...I mean suppose I made them wait for 90 days if they
>needed service! Hey maybe that's the answer!...your service response is
>directly proportional to your payment history! yeah that's the ticket!

In all seriousness, that's what I do.  The guy who doesn't pay me for long
periods doesn't get his alarm serviced if he has a false alarm.  If he
calls to ask why (and they don't), well, I've been really busy.

The other thing you can do is send them a rate increase letter, jacking up
their rates by 15% or so.  (Only they're the only one whose rates get
increased.)  They get to pay deadbeat rates until they cancel, and if they
do, so what?  Buyers of alarm accounts don't pay for deadbeat accounts
anyway.

- badenov