Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

Yup ! It's always the same guys time over time, and I figured some time ago,
they simply weren't worth the aggravation. And they were always small,
corner pizza parlours or some such thing iffy enterprise. So a year ago, I
finally had enough, and I sent them all a registered letter telling them I
was terminating their service in one month, and to find another dealer.
Surprisingly, only one of them called to complain; they KNEW why I was doing
it, and figured if I was fool enough to put up with their poor pay habits,
then they'd continue along until I got fed up. I did it and sleep a lot
better (plus it was 15 less customers I had to actively bill each half
year). Since then, I've refined my business plan to not take on any kind of
business venture unless I have the guys home system prior to him starting
the business.

When I went back sometime later to the guys I'd disconnected, almost all of
them had signed up with a disreputable dealer here in town we all call
"Jimmy the sleaze". I had to laugh...these guys really deserve each
other...:)))

Unfortunately, the kind of people who run marginal operations are also the
kind of people who don't deal with others straight up and honest. I feel
like you do; if they explain the nature of the problem, I've carried people
who lose their jobs for periods as long as a year. Unfortunately again, a
lot of them end up losing their homes and have to sell, so I'm out that
period of lost revenue. But really, so what !

Crash, I like your style !!

RHC