Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

Here's NY's Law verbatim:
2. No provision of a contract for service, maintenance or repair to or for
any real or personal property which states that the term of the contract
shall be deemed renewed for a specified additional period unless the person
receiving the service, maintenance or repair gives notice to the person
furnishing such contract service, maintenance or repair of his intention to
terminate the contract at the expiration of such term, shall be enforceable
against the person receiving the service, maintenance or repair, unless the
person furnishing the service, maintenance or repair, at least fifteen days
and not more than thirty days previous to the time specified for serving
such notice upon him, shall give to the person receiving the service,
maintenance or repair written notice, served personally or by certified
mail, calling the attention of that person to the existence of such
provision in the contract.