Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:KpqdncI7aehUGMveRVn-pg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> BTW, thanks for your comments and clarifications, and a good discussion. I
> like your idea of a long term price guarantee as part of the long term
> contract. Benefits given for benefits received !! I wish it was more
> common...

Regardless of common perception, contracts are a two way street. Each party
has responsibility to the other and either can cause a breach or default on
the contract. Both parties are protected and one for the consumer is that if
there is anything that does not meet the consumer protection guidelines,
state and/or federal, such as size of print, location of certain language
within the body of the contract, license numbers if applicable, notice of
affiliation with any particular governmental departments, etc. will usually
render the contract null and void. It isn't hard to get an opinion from the
AG's office on a particular concern. Back at ya on a good conversation!