Re: Problem with ADT Security Company

So in closing, what I am hearing is that, the auto renewal clause is not the
problem. What you have a problem with is that you are seeing a couple of
companies that have abused of the clause. But, if administered simply as
intended, it can be a good advantage for both the customer and the company.
As you said, benefit given benefit received. I has worked for me.

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Points well taken Bob ! Since I work in a totally unregulated environment,
> license numbers etc simply don't exist and escaped my vision on this
issue,
> and are a not so obvious benefit to the client. However, this thread was
> really about the "auto renewal" clause in a lot of contracts, and with a
> little more thought on the issue, I have to agree with you on most of what
> you say. It's not whether it's there or not, it's how it's administered
when
> the time comes. So, is it unethical in and of itself....no! (I stand
> corrected). Can it be abused and often is it abused ? Certainly, my
> experience here is that it is, and there it becomes unethical behaviour.
And