Re: Commercial Alarm - help

Well put Al; I couldn't agree more, especially the suggestion that we in the
electronic security industry do more to educate the client on how he can do
the simple, often cost effective things to make their home or business more
secure. I like your idea of either learning to do the physical side of
things, or making it pay for you by bringing in those who can do the job,
with a referral fee in it for you.

It's been my experience that our industry is often so focused on RMR, that
educating the client has taken a distant back seat, especially when there is
no money in it for us. I don't want to get on my soapbox again, but if we
are to be regarded as professionals in this industry, then we should act
like professionals, and do a complete job for the client, even when there is
no direct profit in it for us.

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada