Re: Commercial Alarm - help

If you're concerned about false alarms, I believe one of the biggest
problems on the consumer side is the mentality of "price shopping."
The cheapest alarm system is not necessarily the best, just as the most
expensive may not be the best either.

I would follow Bob Dolph's suggestion, look around your area, talk with
your friends and businesses you frquent; find out how many false alarms
these folks have had.  Find out about their alarm company's response
time when they call for service.  Then go out and ask a few of the
better alarm companies for consultation.

Do not be deceived by "big" as it does not equal "best."  Since you are
talking corporate security, it might even be wise for you to hire a
good security consultant who can provide you with valuable information,
advice, the heads-up on area firms, and possibly a written
specification by which all bidders must abide.

Al Colombo

---
Start your day with the Security Mission News & Comment Page!
While you're there, cast your vote on our latest security poll:"Are
police departments justified in using a no-response policy when
an account experiences too many false alarms?"
www.alcolombo.info