Re: Commercial Alarm - help

"Al Colombo" wrote in message

> ...The cheapest alarm system is not necessarily the best, just as
> the most expensive may not be the best either...

You can say that again!  I've seen people get the "deluxe" super duper
systems with all the "whistles and bells". Then they system becomes so
complex and unusual, that most of the employees working for the security
company can't repair it when it breaks. So you have one guy working for the
company who can repair it, then he goes on vacation, then this is when the
system breaks of course.

The system I have in my own home is typical - somewhere in the middle -
common. And I have removed additional "whistles and bells" where possible. I
bought the system used and it came with wireless devices. I installed hard
wired devices instead. That is one less component to mal-function, yet I
still get the same protection. And with the motion detectors, I did not go
the least expensive route. I bought the more expensive dual IR/microwave
detectors which are less prone to have false alarms.