Re: Compass Software

news:GcS6f.38$KQ.3389@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Probably because a lot of companies like going out on service calls so
they
> can charge the client for something simple. I'm too lazy, or maybe too
> ethical, to charge someone for a simple zone change or code change or
delay
> time change..whatever, if I can do it from here.
>
> I DO hope when they redo Compass that it's more homogenious instead of
> different "modules" for different manufacturer's panels they've
> acquired...and they throughly test it before releasing - I HATE being the
> beta test dummy.

I don't think you will ever see them get around the "module" stuff since
that makes it easy to add panels, Compass is being developed in India these
days so who knows what they will come up with but if I had to guess it'll
look and act identical but be 32-bit capable.

As far as why not many download that partly comes from the fact many dealers
will send a tech because thats what they've always done and also many people
just aren't computer literate.