Re: On defeating alarm systems

I'm not in the alarm business, but I find it silly that most of the
time in the movies when a bad guy rewires an alarm box to defeat it,
the box itself isn't in a protected area!  I can't speak for most
installations but the ones I've noticed have all the alarm components
inside the building, protected by, at least, a nearby motion detector.
Obviously if there's a delay and the keypad and control box are in the
same place one could simply rip it out of the wall, but that's easily
avoided by putting an instant-trigger motion detector in front of the
box and not having the keypad nearby.