Re: PIR's: Why trip on two detects?

Total nerd wrote:
> She just rolls her eyes at the whole process.
> I set everything to minimum distance and it still trips at the furthest
> point of the room so we'll see if this fixes the problem...

Just keep in mind that the adjustment is only affecting one of the
technologies, most likely the microwave sensitivity. The PIR is still
detecting at the maximum range of the unit. So the PIR LED will still
come on at the maximum range but not until you get in range of the
microwave, will the alarm LED come on. Also, keep in mind that
adjusting the range of the microwave will only reduce the sensitivity
to moving objects the aproximate size of a person. A larger moving
object, further away, may still cause the microwave detector to trip.
The Sentrol AR 435 and related motion detectors are the only ones that
I know of that you can limit the range of the microwaves detection
field.