PIR's: Why trip on two detects?

I have a dual-tech motion detector and it has a dip-switch option to
trip alarm on two consecutive detections instead of one.  It claims to
remove more false alarms.  So, the next obvious question is why?
Dual-tech is already very good at removing false alarms, so why would I
want to wait for two detections when one should tell me that
something's moving in the room?  Anyone every use this option?