Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

Bob,

I received the fax just fine. Thank you. There is some useful items in there
and I see where they are pushing the cell as primary and the VOIP as
secondary. Good sales tool for them. It increases their sale, RMR and is a
safer bet. They aren't just walking away from a potential customer but
offering them an option.

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> [...]
> Unfortunately, this also occurs within the ranks of our customers. I bet
> there isn't a single dealer out there that doesn't have his own version of
> horror story...from outright cheats, to having to actually call the police
> in one instance I personally had....
>
> Sad, but reality....
>
> RHC
>
> PS: Did you get the fax OK I sent you ?
>
> "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Experiences, Experiences. The longer we are in the trade the more we
> > collect. I just find it interesting that some that aren't in the day to
> > day
> > find it easy to critizes the industry, its procedures and ethics. Oh
well,
> > it takes all kinds to make the world go around.
> >
> > "Crash Gordon" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> "... I have had people call with the story that they are the **new**
> >> homeowner, which I have found to be a fraudulent statement. They try
and
> >> pull this to get out of their contract. They are to stupid to think I
> > can't
> >> find out that they do if fact still live there. Caller ID says they are
> >> calling from the same phone number or cell number that has always been
> >> listed on the account. Tax records show the house has not been sold.
> > People
> >> will try anything."
> >>
> >> Tell me about it!
> >>
> >> I had a lady call me, said she just moved into a house with our system
in
> >> it..could we please come out and get her online ASAP..her ex-hubby was
> >> skeez-bag etc. OK. I run one of my sales guys out the same day, test
the
> >> system, reprogram it for her, teach her how to use it. She signs the
> >> contract (yes I checked public records and she was the registered
owner).
> > We
> >> collect the partial quarter of monitoring from her on site.
> >>
> >> 9 MONTHS later and we hadn't recieved any further payments and no
> >> response
> >> from polite collection letters...I finally get her on the phone and she
> > says
> >> she never wanted monitoring and never signed any damn contract! Yes,
she
> > was
> >> NASTY nasty nasty. Ok fine...I turn off monitoring and remove her code
> > from
> >> system until we can get this straightened out. I also send her to
> >> collections. Now all of a sudden she is calling ME everyday...after a
few
> >> days I return her phone call but still refuses to payup. So I send my
> > sales
> >> guy back out for a face-to-face...
> >>
> >> TURNS OUT....she did NOT sign the contract..she had her
girlfriend/lover
> >> sign the contract to defraud us (never thought to ask for photo ID).
The