Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

> > The main difference between the downloading
> > you do and the downloading Mark does is well...
> > you work with DIY's...  Mark works with licensed,
> > bonded, and insured alarm *installers*
>
> He also more than likely works with unlicensed (many places don't have
> licensing requirements) , unbonded (most techs in the trade are NOT
bonded),
> uninsured (plenty of small alarm companies are uninsured) alarm
*installers*
> (ie, people who are paid to install).

Incorrect, all of our dealers are required to be licensed and bonded, feel
free to call if you have any questions, I bet you won't

> > who know how to program the system they're
> > working on...
>
> And yet,,, strangely enough... they somehow need him to download for them.

Most of the time I walk them through a problem, then again that requires
keypad programming knowledge so I doubt you'd understand

> > Mark also happens to be licensed, bonded,
> > and insured...  What's your "status" again??
>
> How would you know?  Did you pay his bond?  Have you seen his insurance
> policy?  Have you ever been to Texas?  (don't answer that).

I haven't seen my insurance policy either

> > Uh-huh...  And how many "tens of thousands"
> > of installations did *you* do??
>
> I never said I did tens of thousands of installations?  I'll wager I've
done
> many times more than you though.

And I'll wager I've done many times more than you

> > Downloading a panel you've never seen is OK
> > as long as there's a qualified technician on site
> > to verify everything's alright.
>
> How would you know if the technician is qualified?

I imagine the same way you know your DIY'ers have done the installation
correctly (ie: you don't)

> > So... in 1985, your technician carried a laptop??
>
> Are you completely stupid or just dumb?

Sounds like a legit question to me although I'd be curious what software was
around then and what panels could be downloded