Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

> Incorrect, all of our dealers are required to
> be licensed and bonded, feel free to call if
> you have any questions, I bet you won't

Don't you still work for Monitronics?  Seems to me that Fowler claimed he
was working with them.  I know for a fact he never held a CT alarm
installer's license.  He can't be bonded either.  Care to guess why?  :^)

>> And yet,,, strangely enough... they
>> somehow need him to download for them.
>
> Most of the time I walk them through a
> problem, then again that requires keypad
> programming knowledge so I doubt you'd
> understand

Depends which brand.  Some I've worked with and some I haven't.

>>> Mark also happens to be licensed, bonded,
>>> and insured...  What's your "status" again??
>>
>> How would you know?  Did you pay his
>> bond?  Have you seen his insurance policy?
>>  Have you ever been to Texas?  (don't answer that).
>
> I haven't seen my insurance policy either

By the standards used in this newsgroup that is proof positive you're
uninsured.

>>> Uh-huh...  And how many "tens of thousands"
>>> of installations did *you* do??
>>
>> I never said I did tens of thousands of
>> installations.  I'll wager I've done many
>> times more than you though.
>
> And I'll wager I've done many times more than you

Installations?  I doubt it.

>>> Downloading a panel you've never seen is OK
>>> as long as there's a qualified technician on site
>>> to verify everything's alright.
>>
>> How would you know if the technician is qualified?
>
> I imagine the same way you know your DIY'ers
> have done the installation correctly (ie: you don't)

So you admit that you don't know whether the people you work with are
qualified.  That's progress.  Someday twenty years from you'll actually
become honest at this rate.

>>> So... in 1985, your technician carried a laptop??
>>
>> Are you completely stupid or just dumb?
>
> Sounds like a legit question to me although
> I'd be curious what software was around
> then and what panels could be downloded

None.