Re: Help needed with programming for DSC PC2530

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Have you actually asked ADT for assistance in this regard ? The installer
> code and lockout code are two different things. It is normal for any
> company to change the installer code, and this code will go back to
> factory installer code for your model panel once defaulted. However, if
> the board is locked, it won't default back to factory specs and is
> essentially worthless. Jim Rojas on this newsgroup can assist you in this
> regard in unlocking your board.
>
> As much as I dislike ADT and all of their practices, it is my experience
> that they don't normally lock boards. So a call to them may be all you
> need to get the panel installer code reset.
>
> R.H.Campbell
> Home Security Metal Products
> Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
> www.homemetal.com

Your experiences with ADT aren't mine.  In fact they're about 180 degrees
around...  ADT has never failed to default the installer code on a system
the customer has purchased (or has bought out at the end of the contract
term).  We weren't dealers for them but they have on a number of occasions
used our services when it comes to hooking up fire alarm panels for
monitoring.  This often necessitates being able to program their panels and
download them on occasion.