Re: Why Don't You Like DSC? (Addressed to those that don't.)

> "Robert L. Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> > > So... in 1985, your technician carried a laptop??
> >
> > Are you completely stupid or just dumb?
>
> Sounds like a legit question to me although I'd be curious what software
was
> around then and what panels could be downloded

I was downloading panels as far back as 1981. Don't drop you dentures. The
panels were proprietary as was the software. They were multiplexing type
systems going into apartment buildings with the main controller, on the
property, connected to a dedicated data circuit. State of the Art for its
time. We were monitoring apartment units with or without power and
telephone. Leasing agents loved it knowing there was an operable emergency
button when showing that vacant apartment. The company actually started in
1978 trying to sell the concept of remote meter reading to cities but found
it to be a hard sell, now twenty five years later, what are the utilities
trying to do? We tried the cable TV market and they couldn't grasp the
concept. It didn't take them twenty five years to figure it out but they
could have been way ahead of the game as well. That company eventually sold
to Sensormatic Electronics who stopped all R&D, drove the stock into the
ground and dumped it for the RMR when they needed the cash when they were
having some problems.

Bob4Secur