Re: Sayonara, good people

> This wasn't a permanent setup. They were
> in the median and off to the right side, with
> cones and stop signs set up on the freeway.
> Kinda scarey too since there were so many
> of them, armed and with dogs.

As we were on short finals this afternoon in the new airplane I received a
"go around" because some idiot in a 152 wandered into the runway approach
zone unannounced.  To make matters worse the guy's ELT was squealing every
time he mashed the talk button.  The tower kept calling but he just buzzed
along, directly under our flight path.  He then landed without clearance.
Presumably ATC had a long talk with him afterward.  :^)

Anyway, as I turned I happened to look down at the freeway and it looked
like a scene from "Americas Wildest Police Videos".  There were between 15
and 20 police cars surrounding one car from all directions.  From 500 feet I
could just make out that they were all leaning across their cars aiming at
whoever was in the middle.  I suppose there will be something on the news
about it later tonight.

Beautiful flight but strange day, eh?