Re: Help needed with programming for DSC PC2530

Ok, now my next question.  I just replaced the battery in this alarm (DCS
PC2530) and I believe it is giving the symptoms of "runaway".  The reason I
say this is because there is a red led on the pc board that didn't light
when the other battery was on there, even though the battery is bad.  Every
30 seconds or so, the led begins flashing in an 11 digit sequence (flashes
once, then flashes 8 times, then 8 times again, etc) It looks to me as if
its trying to dial out. Its not connected to the phone line at the moment.
Is this "runaway"?  If it is, will this stop when the new battery becomes
fully charged or is this something that requires service on the system
board?  If its something simple like changing a transistor, etc, I can do
that but would need to know what to change. If its an eprom problem, that
would be a different story. Any ideas? I really need to get this system
running again. Thanks again for all the help.