Re: Help needed with programming for DSC PC2530

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Have you actually asked ADT for assistance in this regard ? The installer
> code and lockout code are two different things. It is normal for any
company
> to change the installer code, and this code will go back to factory
> installer code for your model panel once defaulted. However, if the board
is
> locked, it won't default back to factory specs and is essentially
worthless.
> Jim Rojas on this newsgroup can assist you in this regard in unlocking
your
> board.
>
> As much as I dislike ADT and all of their practices, it is my experience
> that they don't normally lock boards. So a call to them may be all you
need
> to get the panel installer code reset.
>
> R.H.Campbell
> Home Security Metal Products
> Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
> www.homemetal.com
>
> "Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Brian O" <briano1812@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Hi Everyone,
> >>   I hope this is the correct place to post this.  I have an old PC2530
> >> alarm system that was monitored by ADT. I discontinued my service to
> >> them,
> >> but now that I want to start service with someone else, they tell me I
> >> need
> >> the lockout code that ADT programmed into my alarm so they can program
> >> the
> >> alarm. Of course ADT isn't giving this out. Is there a way to
circumvent
> >> this lockout code?  I have a degree in electronic technology so doing
> >> something to the circuit (grounding reset to the EPROM etc) to be able
> >> program it is not a problem. Problem lies in that I don't know how
bypass
> >> this lockout code or how to program it if I DO get it bypassed. I'm
> >> pretty
> >> new to the ins and outs of alarm system other than the basics so any
help
> >> would be appreciated. Thanks.
> >> B.
> >

> > ADT should be able to call in to your system and default the installer
> > code *without* sending someone out there.  Failing that, you can always
> > send the board to Jim Rojas at http://www.tech-man.com and he'll unlock
it
> > for you. In the latter instance, you'll be without an alarm sytsem for a
> > few days...

Thank you very much guys. I called ADT and they didn't mention that the code
could be reset remotely. I'm not surprised. Ill call them tomorrow and let
them know that I'm aware if this now.  I appreciate all your help. And as
for Mr. Rojas, if ADT wont help, he will probably be getting my business. :)