Re: Have activated Brinks system without contract! Need to deactivate!

"Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Yah!..actually its a new owner doing a remodel..the system was really =
in sad
> shape. It was a nice install at one time. The only problem is I *hate*
> working with open circuit switches on big loops, so I'm having to dig =
out
> all the old switches too...and they never ran a front door freekin =
switch
> (!) so's i gotsta do some major trickery to get over there with a =
wire.
>=20
>=20
> That adobe construction is a bear and would require some masterful =
trickery.
> All kidding aside, is it still stick build out there? We have cement =
block
> or tilt slab with steel studs for interior framing down here. With the
> contempory designs nothing is easy after the fact, including wireless.
> Cosmetics ya know, and then you have the  interior designers who get =
their
> panties in a wad. "Your not putting that on a $20K door", imported for =
God
> knows where. I had one male interior designer call me one day actually
> bawling because he read on the heat sensor "Do Not Paint" and that he =
just
> couldn't live with this white "thing" going on his canary yellow =
ceiling.
> This guy was actually gasping for air between the tears. Funny as =
hell!

I've done a few adobe construction...and it's a freekn bear..if wireless =
had been reliable back then I woulda done it with wirelss.

Mostly still stick and stucco on styrofoam crap. Some block, slump =
block, integra block too.

I love when designers cry! They're such idiots...I've had them want me =
to paint pirs when they are located right next to glaring white air =
ducts...aren't  you gonna paint the air returns I ask? No...why..oh just =
because it wouldn't match my pir if I painted it for you...oh you're soo =
sooo right...you should be a designer..we'll have to get the =
airconditioner guys to paint them...so what about the thermostats then?, =
I ask...oh yes yes...and and on and on...before you know it he was about =
to give EVERYONE on the job a heart attack ...at least he left me alone =
after that...he was too busy hassling everyone else.

This house is really cool it's that fancy architural concrete block =
inside and out. Fortunately I found the front door wire! Rural Metro =
(our FIRE department had installed this system in 86)...dig this...they =
installed a front door switch, then someone put oak veneer over it so it =
could not be seen...even Rural Metro so the couldn't figure out where to =
put the magnet and just left that wire out of the circuit! Yep that's =
our Dutch contract fire department for ya...Paulie!...you know these =
guys?? !!

Anyway, I fixed it the right way. (ripped the door out :-)

Have I ever mentioned; I HATE freekin remodels?

:-)