Re: Running wire for security cameras, and tips on fishing wire?

Frank Olson wrote:

> The important thing is that all of the RG-59U I've seen uses stranded
> core wire (which is better suited to CCTV applications due to it's
> flexibility).

I remember seeing stranded core coax years ago, but not for a long
time.

> The RG-6 I've seen available from most of the
> whole-salers uses solid core wire.

If you look closely, you'll likely see that the core of the RG6 is a
copper
clad steel (or some other metal) conductor. That's why it's so rigid
and harder to cut.