Running wire for security cameras, and tips on fishing wire?

I would like to install about 4 cameras around my house, not necessarily for
security but to see who's at the front door, monitor the kid's playground, etc.

My plan is to install these cameras, run them to the equipment room under the
stairs in my basement, then get channel modulators to insert them into my cable
system (or maybe run them into a quad generator to create one channel).

Without knowing yet what kind of cameras I will get, what wiring should I run?
Just a coax and 2 conductor power?  For cameras with other features, such as
motion trigger, or audio, do I need more conductors?

Also I am at a loss to figure out how to easily fish these wires through my
outside walls to the basement.  Obviously I want them to be hidden and
inaccessible to someone with wire cutters, but I don't see how I can run them
down inside the siding with the boards and insulation on the other side.  How do
you guys do it?