Re: Running wire for security cameras, and tips on fishing wire?

Frank Olson wrote:

> > Anyone else have any info or input on this?
>
> http://www.pelco.com/support/videosecbasics/selectingcable.aspx

The way I read that, it basically says that the longer the run, the
larger diameter should be the center conductor.

It ->doesn't<- say that RG6 is worse than RG59 for short runs.

I think the shielding of RG6 is way better then RG59, and if the
resistance is less then it's a no brainer that RG6 is technically
always better than RG59.

For anyone doing the labor themselves, I think it would be a waste to
NOT use RG6.  For contractors that do this all the time, maybe the
extra expense of RG6 is why they think that RG59 is better (yea -
better for them, but not better for the customer).