Re: electrifing windows for security

>> The current passed from a buried device through the stream, then through the employee's body and out through his shoes?  If there happened to be a grounded pipe nearby and the employee happened to beholding onto it while relieving himself that might work.

> Works with electric fences, you don't see farmers chaining their horses and cattle to grounded pipes. :P

Cattle fences are insulated from the ground.

> Anyway, it's not my story, I'm just relating it as it was told to me.

Understood.  Someone else told you the story and you simply related
what you'd heard.  That's nothing like Olson -- he makes up absurd lies
himself.

>> The unbelievable part (for anyone who knows the first thing about electricity) was how he managed to get shocked while standing partway up the ladder.  Have you ever seen a bird on a high tension wire?  Notice how they don't get shocked, even though the cable may be carrying 50,000 Volts?

> Ever notice how people can be electrocuted by lighting standing 50 feet away from a tree that it hits?  Ball lightning has been reported to float around in strange patterns and even enter through open windows...

There are lots of stories about ball lightning.  Whether any of them
are true or not, Olson's nonsensical tale was not about any form of
lightning.  Likewise, your friend's story was not about lightning.
Anyway, no flame here toward you.  You only repeated what someone told
you.  I just don't happen to believe the guy who told the story to you.
 Olson's case is completely different.  He lied.