Re: electrifing windows for security

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The current passed from a buried device through the stream, then
> through the employee's body and out through his shoes?  If there
> happened to be a grounded pipe nearby and the employee happened to
> beholding onto it while relieving himself that might work.

Works with electric fences, you don't see farmers chaining their horses
and cattle to grounded pipes. :P

Anyway, it's not my story, I'm just relating it as it was told to me.

> The unbelievable part (for anyone who knows the first thing about
> electricity) was how he managed to get shocked while standing partway
> up the ladder.  Have you ever seen a bird on a high tension wire?
> Notice how they don't get shocked, even though the cable may be
> carrying 50,000 Volts?

Ever notice how people can be electrocuted by lighting standing 50 feet
away from a tree that it hits?  Ball lightning has been reported to
float around in strange patterns and even enter through open windows.

Electricity is a strange thing, especially at high voltages.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0551-5, 12/23/2005
Tested on: 12/23/2005 5:09:14 PM