Re: Running wire for security cameras, and tips on fishing wire?

Bill wrote:
> I would get the cameras *first* so you know what wiring they will require.
> If running coax, use RG-6 which is best.

Hi Bill,

With regard to the above...... I don't do much CCTV work anymore but
when I did, we always used RG59. Wire mfgs, and camera mfgs always said
that was the proper wire. And also that it was important to use copper
braid not aluminum. I think it also had something to do with the core
conductor too. Something to do with a copper clad steel conductor in
the RG6 versus a copper conductor in the RG59. Nowdays, I see people
recommending RG6 for CCTV installs, yet from what I read and hear, RG6
should only be used on long runs for CCTV, (like hundreds and hundreds
of feet ) and have copper braid.  I remember something about the
aluminum foil being ok for regular RF TV signal on the RG6 but not for
video signal. Do you use RG6 regularly and have you actually compared
the picture quality?  Is it the same kind of RG6 that you use for RF
TV? Did you just choose to use it and didn't see any difference or did
someone recommend and/or say that it was alright to use?

Anyone else have any info or input on this?