Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

>> Residential 110VAC smoke detectors are
>> generally not required to be supervised...
>
> However, smoke detectors which are connected to a FACP are required to be
> supervised.  Even you ought to know that much.
>
>> The operation of the required devices, IE
>> the smoke detectors would be the critical
>> code issue, not the auxiliary relay.
>
> To be connected to a FACP the devices must be listed for the purpose.
> 110VAC smokes are not listed for connection to a FACP.  You can disregard
> Frank's erroneous comments to the effect that a panel which is not listed
> for fire obviates code compliance.

And once again you've missed the point of Al's article.  He wasn't talking
about connecting a smoke alarm to a *listed FACP*.  If you read the article
it's very clearly stated.  There is nothing in any code, statute or bylaw
that I've found however, that forbids anyone from connecting a 110VAC smoke
alarm to any monitored security system (whether it's UL Listed or not) as
long as the interconnecting relay is compatible with the *smoke alarm*.
This applies to both US and Canadian (including inter-Provincial) codes.  We
keep going around in circles because you refuse to read what's been put
before you in black and white (or whatever the heck colours you're using for
your Newsreader).