Re: My Wiring 3 Kidde Smokes Together Problem

No drops, it's not an aerial feed, it comes in underground from the =
tranformer which is about 25 feet away between this house and the one =
next door. The higher voltage induced current is the upper level of the =
home, when we moved the alarm panel from an upstairs closet to lower =
level the voltage dropped considerably...and that's when it became an =
intermittant problem rather than chronic. The voltage was high enough to =
lock up the processor in the panel and also in the keypad!=20

It's gotta be coming through the air. We physically disonnected the =
mains...and still had problem. I mean we completely isolated the house =
from all main connections including service panel ground.

I tell ya it's them fucking Belgiums polluting our air waves with rfi =
muzzling!

"Robert L. Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> > I thought the same thing, until we turned
> > off the main breaker in the house and
> > measured voltage on the loops (which were
> > now disconnected even from the alarm
> > panel) and were still getting voltage. From
> > where?
>=20
> It's possible that the mains have induced current in them from beyond =
the=20
> breaker if there are parallel drop cables.  Otherwise, it's anybody's =
guess.=20
> The fact that it's an intermittent problem may help you to determine =
the=20
> source.  Try using the inductive pickup from your tone set to track =
stray AC=20
> voltage with the mains off.  If this doesn't help, you might have to =
install=20
> an (expensive) AC recording device to trace the problem.  The printout =
will=20
> tell you the times when AC occurs and when it stops.  The rest is =
going to=20
> be detective work on your part.
>=20
> Before you begin you might want to take a close look at any long =
wiring=20
> runs.  If there's anything close to 110/220 stuff, consider moving it. =
 The=20
> rest is stuff you already know.
>=20
> --=20