Re: My Wiring 3 Kidde Smokes Together Problem

Crash,
            Did you isolate your equipment from an earth ground?  I have
seen up to 4 volts AC from the ground itself to anything bonded to the
neutral in homes.  Much later, we found leakage from cable TV in one case,
and from underground high tension power in the second.  This was affecting
buildings on our campus over a 5-6 acre area - it doesn't have to be your
building at all.
            We had people getting 'shocked' in the shower - but the voltage
was coming from the water in the drain! Touch anything bonded to the panel
neutral (water pipes/shower knobs in this case) and you got tickled... .
Penn Power had a crew shutting off transformers and then checking for
voltage all one day - never did find the actual leak, but we had them kill
the whole line and the voltage went away.  A rubber shower mat was our
solution for the power leak

Rick C