Re: My Wiring 3 Kidde Smokes Together Problem

> I thought the same thing, until we turned
> off the main breaker in the house and
> measured voltage on the loops (which were
> now disconnected even from the alarm
> panel) and were still getting voltage. From
> where?

It's possible that the mains have induced current in them from beyond the
breaker if there are parallel drop cables.  Otherwise, it's anybody's guess.
The fact that it's an intermittent problem may help you to determine the
source.  Try using the inductive pickup from your tone set to track stray AC
voltage with the mains off.  If this doesn't help, you might have to install
an (expensive) AC recording device to trace the problem.  The printout will
tell you the times when AC occurs and when it stops.  The rest is going to
be detective work on your part.

Before you begin you might want to take a close look at any long wiring
runs.  If there's anything close to 110/220 stuff, consider moving it.  The
rest is stuff you already know.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass