Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

>> To be connected to a FACP the devices must be listed for the purpose.
>> 110VAC smokes are not listed for connection to a FACP  You can disregard
>> Frank's erroneous comments to the effect that a panel which is not listed
>> for fire obviates code compliance.
>

> And once again you've missed the point of Al's article.  He wasn't talking
> about connecting a smoke alarm to a *listed FACP*...

And once again you've misunderstood code.  You cannot use a non-listed panel
for fire alarm.  That's a code violation all by itself.  Are you suggesting
that Al intended for techs to install non-listed panels in fire alarms?  He
makes occasional mistakes but nothing like that.  Let's not be unduly hard
on the guy.

> If you read the article it's very clearly stated...

Yes, and it's clearly wrong.

> There is nothing in any code, statute or bylaw that I've found however...

Well, there you have it.  But just because you haven't read the code does
not make it OK to ignore it.  I realize you're not in the USA so it's almost
that you don't understand our codes and laws.

> We keep going around in circles...

Speak for yourself.