Re: Fire Side Chat -- Fire Alarm Code Issue

Residential 110VAC smoke detectors are generally not required to be
supervised, that is why a limit of twelve such unsupervised smoke detectors
is imposed, after that a Fire Alarm System or supervised smoke detectors
should be installed, and I'm not quite sure why you refer to "system smoke
detectors", the issue is using an auxiliary relay listed by the
manufacture(if such a device exists) for use with its 110VAC smoke detectors
to trip a secondary device, in this case the control panel. The operation of
the required devices, IE the smoke detectors would be the critical code
issue, not the auxiliary relay.

Doug L