Latest message you have seen: RE: USB To Z-Wave Adapter, Houseport software comes to OS X

RE: X10 FD10 filter advice

Craig,

Yes , your probably right about it being an internal piece of equipment.
I just anted to isolate the house as a first step (I'd already bought an
FD10 modules years ago but never got around to fitting it).

I can't think of anything that has changed , but I suppose it could be
something that has always been a problem (that I haven't noticed) that
has gotten worse of late.

If I could find the definite cause then an FM10u would be fine, I
already use one for the florescent strip lighting in the dining room as
they caused a lot a problems initially.

Problem with the FM10u is its size, as some appliances can not
accommodate the bulk , our fridge for example has the plug socket behind
it and the FM10u would not allow the fridge to be pushed into its space.
I guess a micro filter could be used in the socket as long as the
appliance is less than 5 amps load. Our boiler draws 6amps so its would
be suitable for that, and neither would a FM10u since the boiler is hard
wired to a spur rather than a plug. I guess I could mount an FD10 in
single gang box next to the spur.

Funnily enough next door neighbour has just bought a new 50" LG TV...
maybe I should be asking him to log when he turns it on and off to see
if its him :-)

Marcus