Re: How to make your own home data center

On Jan 7, 9:54=A0pm, "Bill Kearney" <wkearne...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bear in mind if you do the job right it will probably require pulling a
> building permit. =A0This will require inspections. =A0Most home-grown cab=
ling
> installs won't pass inspections. =A0Just so's you know... =A0But you'd ha=
ve to
> pull all the equipment out of there to have the work done anyway.
>
> You might get some advice from a regular building contractor. =A0One lice=
nsed
> for your area.
>
> You're basically just talking about making the room habitable. =A0Basical=
ly
> just bringing it into the same interior building 'envelope' as the rest o=
> the house. =A0Simply done it's just a matter of making sure the vapor bar=
rier
> and insultation is done to make that work. =A0The harder part would be
> supplying HVAC to/from the space. =A0Your existing HVAC system may or may=
 not
> have the spare capacity to properly supply that space (and where it's
> located).

I called an electrician; he suggested that an exhaust fan and a
thermostat should solve the problem after proper wall insulation.
Then I called a HAVC expert and basically he told me that he couldn=92t
help and most likely I needed a server farm expert instead. He guessed
that a dedicated air conditioner could help but that doesn=92t sound
like the optimal solution to me.

I will try to ask a build contractor as you suggest and see if we can
find a more effective solution.

I finished the wiring part and already started to install the fiber
glass on the walls (I had to remove the drywall and put it back
again). However I don=92t have a construction permit yet neither for the
multimedia wiring or to re-build the walls; do you happen to know what
should I do now? If I request a construction permit at this point,
will I have a penalty for not doing it in advanced?