Re: How to make your own home data center

On Jan 7, 4:25=A0am, "Bill Kearney" <wkearne...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When you mention 'external' how are you planning on accessing the machine=
> during regular use? =A0Things like game consoles do require access to cha=
nge
> the disc.

I ran HDMI, Coax, Cat6 and fiber optics into my house. I use the Cat6
cables to extend the USB and IR ports; it means that I have full
control of the machines from any room in my house.  However for very
nasty tasks I have a monitor, keyboard and mouse inside the storage
room in case it needs physical intervention.

I haven=92t solved the problem about changing the xbox disks from my
house, however for the movies I have a thin USB DVD drive attached
behind the LCD TV. As of right now I use my Xbox mostly for the online
content so I=92m not really in a hurry to solve the disks problem.