Re: How to make your own home data center

> I ran HDMI, Coax, Cat6 and fiber optics into my house. I use the Cat6
> cables to extend the USB and IR ports

Bear in mind if you do the job right it will probably require pulling a
building permit.  This will require inspections.  Most home-grown cabling
installs won't pass inspections.  Just so's you know...  But you'd have to
pull all the equipment out of there to have the work done anyway.

You might get some advice from a regular building contractor.  One licensed
for your area.

You're basically just talking about making the room habitable.  Basically
just bringing it into the same interior building 'envelope' as the rest of
the house.  Simply done it's just a matter of making sure the vapor barrier
and insultation is done to make that work.  The harder part would be
supplying HVAC to/from the space.  Your existing HVAC system may or may not
have the spare capacity to properly supply that space (and where it's
located).