Re: VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

I doubt voltage of the electron emitter  beam has anything to do with
deflection but rather the amount of energy to light up the increased area of
a larger screen in the same amount of time. The voltage on the deflection
plates may need to be higher to change the angle amount.

I would conclude to get 50, 100 or even 200W of light a fair bit of energy
would be required and therefore a large voltage, also. What was the enrgy of
light output from the ole' CRT screen. I always had about 300W, in mind, for
a larger TV set. but only based on rough hearsay from TV guys.