Re: VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

Don't hold your breath. This is still smoke and mirrors. It is phospher
based technology just like flourescent bulbs, but rather than using
ultaviolet stimulation, they are using electron beam stimulation like an old
television CRT. So the question is what is the next thing we have to worry
about, X-ray emissions from our ESL bulbs?

Tagging on the Dave Houston's train of thought, With regard to X10 the ESL
probably will work in everything but the two wire wall switch, which relies
on a trickle of power through the filament of an incandescent bulb. But I'll
be waiting to see some independent lab analysis for secondary emissions. I
have feeling this is the new version of the foot/shoe X-ray machine that
every shoe store had back in the 40s and 50s until it was figured out they
were a big cancer hazard.