Re: VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

Where did you get "voltage of the electron emitter beam"? Heating the
cathode of the electron gun causes it to emit electrons which are then
focused into a beam, accelerated and guided by other electrodes. The amount
of delection depends on the voltage on the deflection plates. Only an area
the (unchanging) diameter of the very thin beam "lights up" as the beam
traverses the screen. It's the kinetic energy of the beam which causes this
- not an electrical interaction.

     http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question694.htm
     http://www.scienceclarified.com/Ca-Ch/Cathode-Ray-Tube.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=HCXaRo0vRdsC&pg=PA69&lpg=PA69&dq=electron+gun+deflection&source=bl&ots=m-rky1unrW&sig=nzfCqBZIZf0xGKnWah09MNvnN6M&hl=en&ei=8H-7SrmJKY-Ntgevr4XADQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6#v=onepage&q=electron%20gun%20deflection&f=false

Electron guns are not limited to CRTs.

     http://www2.slac.stanford.edu/vvc/accelerators/electrongun.html
     http://www.kimballphysics.com/electron_guns/egun_prod.htm